Monday, October 29

Take Flight!



Hello Monday, my friends! We are back with a new challenge for you at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - TAKE FLIGHT. I sure let my imagination take flight this week!

This is Tenia's last week with us as our guest designer, and it's been a pleasure having her with us! She makes some of the jazziest cards around, and I will be looking forward to more of her creations. Be sure to stop by Jazzy Paper Designs and say hi if you haven't already.

Have you ever wanted to just fly away to the moon?


I started my card with a distressed background.


Then I stenciled in the face to represent the moon. 


I stamped the flying bird and girl onto some gel prints I had made and had in my stash. After I glued the bird down, I wrote "fly" all around it. 


Then, I have the bird flying the person to the moon, and added some tiny moonshine sequins. 


Since it is rather cold in space, a scarf would be a nice touch!


And there we have it - flying to the moon on the back of the bird...I told you my imagination went a little wild!


Think about all of the wonderful flying things and create something special to share this week - I'm looking forward to it! One person will be drawn at random for a $50 voucher to shop at Simon Says Stamp, thanks to our generous friends there!


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                    
                                        

A great place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


The design team is taking creative flight this week, so be sure to head on over to see what they are sharing. 




SaveSave

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous panel Maura! I love the whole 'fly me to the moon' theme, reminds me of a song ;-) the background and moon face are gorgrous and I love that you gave him a scarf for his journey through space!! :-)

    hope you have a great week!
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely project, and philosophically... what a thought!! : )

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, not exactly to the moon but fly away - definitely yes! I envy the birds their wings so this page really appeal to me. Great deep background with contrasting elements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous card! The design is so creative and it would be such fun to fly to the moon this way, wouldn't it 😀. Wishing you a happy new week! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is endlessly creative and I love, love, LOVE how you made different shapes and images stand out. The moon-like face is subtle, but still present and your silhouette on the bird is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your imagination and how thoughtful of you to give your moon traveller a scarf, love it, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card Maura! I love that you added the scarf and the repeated words around the bird are such a nice personal touch. I think I will put on my scarf and jump onto that bird now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your fantastic interpretation and imagination on this theme, Maura. Such a great design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun concept, beautiful rich colors, Maura! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you interpreted our theme! Wonderful project! Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest