Monday, January 20

Home Decor: Undersea Steampunk



Hello Monday, my friends! Our challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is:  HOME DECOR. Have you been waiting to make something special for your own place? Well, now is the time! 

I decided to create a piece that could hold some of my beach treasures, and also celebrate my love of steampunk. I am always picking up little things at the beach whenever I get to one - pebbles, smooth stones, shells, bits of this and that. I figured it was time to take them out of my box and use them!

UNDERSEA TREASURES


I had so much fun creating this, this is the only process photo I took - laying the paper, starfish, and pebbles. 


I just plain had fun working on this, combining gears, steampunk images from Stamperia, wood embellishments and string. 


Can you see the funky submarine in there?


More string turned into rope, gears, pebbles...



I tried to create more dimension by placing somethings on the outside of the vignette drawer. 


I added a mix of the embossing powders over the rocks trying to create a sea floor. 


It's fun to build up on top too with the word SEA and a word band, gears and rope. 


I enjoyed using my own little treasures on this, and combining the steampunk with the sea - I love Stamperia's paper lines, they let my imagination run wild! Now all that is left is finding the perfect spot to display this. 


I hope you've enjoyed my interpretation of home decor this week and are inspired to join us! Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp offer a $50 voucher to one luck participant. 


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                   
                                        
A great place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Curious about what the rest of the design team is up to? Be sure to head on over and check it out.



8 comments:

  1. Wow, what a stunning make! I love the sea Steampunk theme and all the amazing details that you created - beautiful 😀. Wishing you a wonderful new week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jo! I always appreciate your visits, and wish you a lovely week too! hugs, Maura

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness Maura!! I think this is one of my most fave things that you have ever made!! Absolutely GORGEOUS!! and fabulous use of beach found treasures :-)

    Hope you have a great week!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lols!! It was so much fun using some of my beach treasures in this! hugs, Maura

      Delete
  3. Wow! I love this, Maura! So beautifully put together and so much to discover and look at! Your beach treasures look fantastic in there! (not sure I've already found them all ;)

    Hugs,
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love this, Maura! So beautifully put together and so much to discover and look at! Your beach treasures look fantastic in there! (not sure I've already found them all ;)
    best baby gifts
    gifts for her anniversary
    gifts for him 2020

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest