Monday, February 24

Inspired by Music



Hello Monday my friends! As February winds down, this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we are INSPIRED BY MUSIC!  Maybe it's your favorite song, instrument, genre of music...but whatever it is, why not join this week's challenge?

Sadly, we are saying goodbye to our lovely and talented guest designer, Cristina this week. It has been wonderful having you with us for February, and I am sure we will be seeing more of you! 

My inspiration for this week's challenge started with the Stamperia Music papers, and it all built from there! I love such a diverse mix of music, that I just couldn't narrow it down. Although, you can see here at the end, Jazz emerged as well as Classical. Hmmm, lately I've been a bit obsessed with a song by The Mavericks called "Swinging" which has a bit of a jazzy feel to it. 


I brushed on a mix of brown, green and blue around the edges of the art journal.


Added a bit more blue, and glued my papers down. 


Next, I took the Square Dance stencil and muted colors and worked my way around the edges. (I also fit in more music as square dancing has its own genre.)


I decided I wanted things a bit darker, so blended the French Roast and Buff, and smudged it around the paper edges. 


A bit of stamping...


I went into areas with the Square Dance stencil again, then ome music notes. (chances are they could be upside down, lol)


I went around the stamps with a white pen and added a few lines. 



Are you ready to make some music with us? As always, our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp offer a $50 voucher to one participant chosen at random. 


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                   
                                        
A GREAT place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Curious about the music the design team is making? Be sure to head on over and check it out!




2 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous page Maura! I love how you made the papers a part of the page with the stencil and paint. That stamp is so cool! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages! I love the collage pieces with the layers of paint - amazing 😁. Wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest