Tuesday, February 23

Recipe Book...or is it?

I wrote about this class kit awhile back. I finally got around to working with it last week. I wanted to spend my birthday crafting and this was just the perfect project. This is how the cover of mine ended up. A bit different than the original instructions, but that is the fun with kits--you can do them exactly as suggested, or you can add your own finishing touches to it.

I also changed my mind about how I am going to use it. It's not really big enough to fill with recipes. And I recently posted how I made a recipe book.

But, it is too darn cute not to have sitting out on the bookshelves.

So, after thinking about it for awhile, I came up with an idea. I am going to add a strip of writing on the front so that the cover reads "recipes...for a happy home". Then inside I am going to add photos and a bit of journaling. Perhaps play on recipe words like "mix in two happy pups" and add a photo of the dogs, "stir in a happy couple" and add a fun photo of us.

Just goes to show that once you add your own spin on pre-made kits, it really becomes personal and special. And that's what it is all about!

2 comments:

  1. Sheila, I love this! It is so cute! Your idea to change it is fabulous - you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you - it's belated boo hoo! Happy Birthday dear Sheila....hope it was happy, I do!

    Hey, I'm back from vacation and catching up on all you 2 have been doing! Wonderful Christmas mini album, Maura! And Sheila, loved the frame with crackle paint. I am so inspired by your work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest