Tuesday, January 25

Sharing Our December Daily's

I finally got to look through Maura's December Daily in person. We always send each other our completed albums so that we can really enjoy them. And once again, I loved her book! We have such different styles even with the same project and I think that difference is what makes our long distance craft projects so enjoyable.

Here is my take on hers:
I absolutely love how chunky it ended up being.

Her cover is gorgeous especially with her handmade fabric flowers. I love how she is always willing to try new techniques.
The style of book she chose was perfect for this project. The top opens to reveal the photos and the bottom opens with tags where she included the dates and journaling and these cool medallions. Loved seeing them in person!
Of course, we both included an entire page dedicated to our love of all things coffee.
I liked how some pages were more like little works of art or collages with all sorts of accents.
And I believe she likes all things Tim Holtz. I saw all sorts of his products throughout her book-distress inks, the medallion diecut and then these embossing folders. I loved seeing goodies in her book that were new to me.
And look at this adorable snowman. I love how she stapled on the scarf. Too cute!

This continues to be one of my favorite projects that we share. Thanks Maura!

You are most welcome, Sheila!  We really have a lot of fun with these long-distance projects.  I get so excited to get a package from you in the mail - I can't wait to open it up and see what you have created.  I have never been disappointed.

 First, I love how your book fits the rings.  It has a nice, clean look to it. i.e.-non-chunky
 I love the use you made of an acrylic cover and used several see-through pieces throughout your book.  I love the simplicity of your cover - clean, graphic, and it just says it all!
 I love how we share a passion for coffee and we always both seem to sneak something into our December Dailys. The clear pocket pages are perfect to share a number of pieces of ephemera that you collected over this holiday season.  You have peaked my interest in Starbuck's Red Cups, and now I am on the lookout for those in December.
 These are just the coolest pages!  You have several in your book.  I love the mix of words, sayings, colors and fonts.
 Now, this just might be my very favorite page!  I love how you made the photo the entire page!  I think this is such a creative shot - the beautiful ornament, and there you are reflected in the ornament. I love this!
 I really like how you used a "template" on your pages and kept them clean and simple - a photo on some, a bit of journaling, a bit of patterned paper, and the date. This makes a perfect ending to Christmas - relaxed and snuggled up with your pup! Your bit of journaling on the photo "and to all a good night" is a great way to end the holiday, and your December Daily.


So, there's my take on your December Daily, ...or just a few of the things I love about it! Thanks for talking me into doing it again for 2010.

1 comment:

  1. The two of you are absolutely amazing!!! Such beautiful "December Daily's".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest