Thursday, January 17

Creative Jumpstart 2013 -more play

Sharon Laakkonen demonstrated working with stencils and Glass Bead Gel, so I had to get some and try it.This medium creates a very thick dimensional layer, and the glass beads are marvelous-great texture and glitter. Just be warned, I found it took a very long time time to completely dry, but so worth it!
Louise Nelson from Australia focused on crackle effect. I used what I had available to try the idea. I did go and get some Martha Stewart Crackle Effect to try, but I found on the tag it just soaked in....perhaps it needs to be done on a different surface. So, I thought, why waste a good tag, and went over with the Tim Holtz Clear Rock Candy in the center, then went over that with distress stain. I love how the distress stain soaks in! Then, I had to doodle with my white pen to add to the design.
Next up, Karen Ellis from Canada, eh! Well, some of the cool things she did, I do not have, but I did try out the stencil and molding paste. Great texture! Stamped a butterfly on some painted cardboard, and added a bit of the Martha Stewart Pearl (love that stuff).
I am now way behind again with CJS, but hoping to find some more play time over the weekend and try out some more ideas, which I will share with you. This is a very inspiring seminar! Thanks to all the great instructors!!

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest