Saturday, July 18

Scissor Project

This spring I went to Ohio to visit my family, and Sheila and I had a chance to go to several of the craft stores. I don't know about you, but if there is a scrapbook, stamp, or craft store near a place I am visiting, somehow it gets on my to-do list. I sometimes daydream about a road trip where I could stop at all the stores and shop along the route - of course, first, I would run out of money, and second, space to fit all the purchases into the truck!

We both saw these giant wooden scissors and decided to turn this into a long distance project. I chose to paint mine bright green on one side and blue on the other. I sponged some of the other color on also to give it some coordination, then stamped with white ink , embellished with ribbon and flowers for a very tropical and bright look.

I bet we can get Sheila to share hers, so you can see how different they turned out!



OK...Sheila here to post my version of the wooden scissors per Maura's request! I tend to have a more toned down style with neutral colors. That's what makes these long distance projects so much fun for both of us---we start with the same item, but we end up with something so different that suits our personalities. I painted my scissors with Making Memories paint, added rub-ons, used American Crafts Thickers letters, and the stitched lines were hand drawn. The polka dot ribbon adds the finishing touch.

If you'd like to decorate your own pair of wooden scissors, this is what we started with. We got ours at Hobby Lobby but I have seen them at other craft stores and online. They are inexpensive and after altering, they look great in your craft room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest