Monday, September 28

5 Questions

Where do you find inspiration?
Maura says: I look through magazines like Paper Crafts and Creating Keepsakes for new ideas, and check some online blogs. I also find myself looking at everyday things like clothing designs and colors, the natural world, products, etc. with my "creative eye." But, probably the best source of inspiration is the spark I get from what other people are doing, like my sister Sheila and my friends.

Sheila says: There is some great inspiration online but you have to be careful that you don't end up spending all your time online instead of creating. I narrow down the overwhelming amount online and only look at a select few that really seem to spark ideas for me. I also like to draw inspiration from nature--patterns and colors. Catalogs are also a great source of inspiration, especially Stampin' Up.

When you scrapbook, are you neat or messy?
Maura says: Messy!!

Sheila says: Very, very neat.

What's outside the window in your scrap space?
Maura says: I look out over my backyard and fields with woods and the Adirondack Mountains in the distance. I love looking out over this scene when I am working, it gives me a sense of peace.

Sheila says: With the weather lately, one of my favorite spaces has been outside on my picnic table. But when I work inside, I look out on a 1900 farm house complete with a huge old barn, chicken house, pond, an old apple orchard, and more.

12x12? 8x8?...??
Maura says: I usually find myself choosing the smaller formats, like 8x8 or 6x6. I do make larger layouts sometimes, but I think I like the smaller size because I can finish faster.

Sheila says: I started our camping scrapbooks in a 12 x 12 size. It seems to be just the right amount of space to fit photos plus journaling about our adventures. But for everything else, I like any of the smaller sizes. Variety is best!

What is your favorite color?
Maura says: Green! I love green - every shade of green there is.

Sheila says: OK....I have to admit that I am jealous of Maura's answer here. Ever since I can remember--even going back to growing up--Maura's favorite color has ALWAYS been green. Everyone knows this about her. No change ever. Me, on the other hand...I don't have a favorite color. And, no, it's not because I like them all...I just have never had a favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest