Sunday, November 22

Christmas Trees

Maura previously shared some Christmas trees that she made in her class HERE and HERE.
Hers turned out beautifully using scrapbook papers, ribbons and embellishments.

I decided to make some with buttons. Here they are:
I started with a foam cone found at any craft store, usually in the floral section, and then just started sticking buttons on with pearl head pins, overlapping them a bit and worked my way around and up the cone. The trunk is a wooden spool. The tree toppers are star buttons. I used more rustic colored buttons but I think an all ivory and white tree with red and green pins or even silver pins would be beautiful. I love how these turned out! And they were a big hit with my husband.

2 comments:

  1. I love the button look - gives a nice rustic feeling. You have some great ideas with the single color buttons, which you could also use for the paper trees - example white on white designs for a very elegant look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hosting a craft day and have been looking for the perfect project for different skill levels. I think I have found it! I have bushels of buttons and thus will be great! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest