Saturday, March 12

ATC Exchange "Fly to be Free"

Trying something different that I haven't done in awhile - ATC's.  Actually, I really enjoy these little projects and the challenge of working on a small scale. I had to get my creative thinking cap on to come up with an idea for the theme "fly to be free", and came up with space and rockets...hmm...might have something to do with being an earth science teacher.

I used a selection of patterned papers that fit the theme and cut some of the rocket and planet shapes from that. I stamped white circles over the paper layers.  Found these wonderful little vintage photos of the moon, layered some mica sheets on top, added some metal embellishments, and a bit of distress stickles and thought I was done.

But then, as I was looking at them drying, the song "Rocket Man" went through my head, so I had to add that little handwritten saying.  You'll notice that I changed it to "woman" though - figured it was going to my female art group so that was appropriate.

A fun little project, and I can't wait to see what I get in exchange!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest