Saturday, December 17

December Daily Update

Guess what this is?
If you guessed that it is the cover of my December Daily album....
you are right!

I had the great idea of wanting to make a cover out of wood this year. Well, I almost gave up when I could not find the wood that I wanted to use. Hint...do not look at Lowes or Home Depot.

After a trip to Michael's (duh!), I found thin pieces of wood in thicknesses from 1/8" on up. I had my husband cut them to size for me and then I stained then with an oil based stain. The color was much too dark and no wood grain showed through. Plus I told my husband the wrong size and they were too small. So, I was ready to give it up once again. 

But he came home with more wood, cut them to the correct size and this time I used a water based stain. And now I love the result:
 Now if I could only find the time to work on the pages.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love the simplicity of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many, many moons ago I tole painted, did craft shows and for my ornaments I needed 1/4 inch wood. No, you cannot find that in those "box" stores. I searched high and low (in Vegas) and found a local lumber yard that carried sheets and would cut them down.
    Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest