Thursday, July 26

Amy Tangerine Daybook Challenge - Maura's Take


I have to start by saying that I love Sheila's challenge for us! This is something that I have wanted to try for a long time...making my own felt embellishment.  I started out by googling cute fish pictures, then made a quick sketch which I used to cut out the fish shape from this fun polka dot felt.

Next step was to cut out the pieces from different colors of felt for the parts of the fish and glued these in place.

I took out my black embroidery thread to add all the details for the fish...kinda cute! Thought this was a great page to use in the daybook (reminded me of blue ocean water) for my fish.  I added in a few bubbles to finish it off.

This is the page opposite my fish page that I put together.  It's so much fun looking back on our quick little vacation to the beach as I work on this.

Thanks for a great challenge, Sheila!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! SO super cute...I totally love what you did with the challenge. The black thread really makes it pop...GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, that is SO stinkin' adorable!!!! You are a great sketch artist!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest