Tuesday, July 3

Camp Scrap - Misting


Perfect time to play...I finally got my new Lucky 8 punch, and wanted to test it out.  This is how I punched the ivory page.  Then, since this is the July Fourth week (and some inspiration from soapHousemama), I decided to work with red, white, and blue.

I cut several stars out of leftover packaging, laid them out and then misted the layout with Dylusions "Melted Chocolate" - yummy!
...
A little detailing with my black pen.

I was trying to decide what I wanted to do, and chose to do a bit of paper weaving with my patterned papers. I found these two great photos of my sons, that they had shot, and really liked the black and white feel.  I added red, white and blue buttons, tabs on the photos. some waffle paper, and the title "Brothers".

Another package in the mail this week from GaucheAlchemy - some punchinella that I had ordered :)

So, after I added some barn door and broken china distress stains to the waffle paper, I just had to add in some of the black punchinella.

I decided I wasn't really happy with how bright the buttons were, so just dabbed them with some Picket Fence Distress Stain, and I like the white wash look to them now.

Tucked in a small tag with some journaling about each of them right now in their lives, behind their photo.

Final step was adding some white rub ons, and here it is ..."Brothers." I had a lot of fun playing with the mists and the stains, and some new products, and keeping with a red, white and blue theme!

3 comments:

  1. This is so fun! I love the starts in the background and the great dimension they add to the final piece. Also, the paper weaving and distressed buttons are SO cool! Way to rock it! (thanks also for the shout out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very clever....this is a great piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest