Sunday, February 8

Light and Dark

In my class with May Flaum, Find the Art in Your Journal, she challenged us to think about our "light and dark" sides. I started by painting one page black and one white, then using a Balzer Deaigns stencil, I painted the woman in the opposing color.

Next i journaled about myself, what I see as my positives and negatives. Deciding these thoughts were ones I did not necessarily want public, I painted over them. I carried a bit of the color over to the opposite page. Not sure if I like it, but hey, an art journal is a place to experiment.

 

A bit of detail...and a reminder that I am made up of all these things.

I went for the bright colors, but wonder if somehow I could have stuck with the black and white? Trying something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest