Friday, July 17

Exploring a New Medium: Ken Oliver Color Bursts



I LOVE these dry pigment ink powders!! They are micro fine powders, so don't use them around a fan! The colors are so vibrant and they are just so much fun to work with :) I had ordered a few colors and did a little experimenting at home on watercolor paper and canvas board. Here are those results...







Then...I got to go to class! I headed over to the Papercraft Clubhouse in Connecticut last weekend, and had the privilege of taking two classes with Ken Oliver. Oh, I am a lucky girl! In my first class, we focused on different techniques, so here are my results...


Well, of course, I had to have my picture taken with Ken!!







In my second class we worked on some finished projects and turned one into a home decor piece. Here are some of my samplings...





My finished canvas. I may still go in and play with this one a bit.

So...if you LOVE color like I do, you will want to get some of these little lovelies and get real inky! I am sure you will be seeing a lot more of these in my work!  

You can learn more about Ken Oliver Crafts here, and Color Bursts can be found here.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVE how vibrant the colors are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your examples are lovely and Ken Oliver's water colors look exciting.
    Hugs, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ken and Color Burst are awesome! You rocked it! LOVE your flower piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest