Monday, August 10

Homegrown Summer

Hello Monday! Design team member Michelle has a summer challenge for us this week! She says: So many things have grown in the Summer. Inspiration can be found in backyard gardens and jars of freshly canned veggies or maybe children who have grown like weeds. Or an idea that’s just taken root. There’s a lot of room for growth. (Pun intended) So let’s see how a homegrown summer is inspiring you! Join us in this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.


I have a big yard and lots of gardens. We grow veggies and herbs,  I have fruit trees, but I have always loved my flowers. When the tomatoes don't grow, the coneflowers do. I love the brilliant cheerful colors of my flowers, so I immediately thought of them with this challenge.

I've had these giant clothespins for awhile, and knew these would be perfect.


I started with the remnant rubs to make a graphic background design.



Time for some stamping and coloring with my Peerless watercolors. I did two of each flower, so I could cut them out slightly differently for some nice layering (check out the orange ones). As you can see, I didn't worry about staying in the lines, because I knew I was going to fussy cut these.


Added and popped the flowers, stamped the bee image, and went over the flowers with diamond glaze, and finally sprinkled with a bit of glitter.

These clips are ready to hold recipes for all the good things coming out of the garden, or perhaps some photos of the gardens, or notes on what to plant next year. 


So what has been growing for you this summer? I am looking forward to seeing how you interpret this challenge. Be sure to check out all of the wonderful work by the design team! See you over there!


Time to craft and and join us in the fun!  A random winner is chosen every week to win a generous $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp!

Supplies:

   
   
   

10 comments:

  1. what a clever use of the clothespins and the flowers look perfect on them! I can see these holding napkins outside for a perfect picnic decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat jumbo clips!! I like how you decorated them along the sides too so they look cool from all angles :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fun flower clips...so happy and fun! I don't garden, but these bright blooms make me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unusual but so fun and cheerful! I adore bright colors! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beautiful clips! The flowers are pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea Maura and I love the bright, bold colour scheme! A really fun project... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea Maura! Love the look of the bright flowers and the added words are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fun! Love the flowers and the rub ons! Such a perfect match! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, TRIPLE love these! The bright colors made me happy and the whole concept of decorating the clips the way you did was brilliant. And wow- I am jealous of how lovely your real-life yard sounds. I am too ashamed to tell you what is in our "garden" at the moment, but let's just say it involves half a bike frame attached to a wooden raft. Long story with Scouts involved. Anyhow, I loved your project and shall dream of a beautiful garden for myself some day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Homegrown summer evokes images of flourishing gardens, sun-kissed afternoons, and the sweet scent of blooming flowers. Games To Explore It's a season of backyard barbecues, freshly picked produce, and lazy days in the shade. This idyllic time embodies the simple pleasures of life nurtured by nature's bounty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest