Friday, January 22

Wanderlust 2016: Inspired by Kate Crane

I'm having fun, and was totally inspired by Kate Crane, one of the artists on Wanderlust 2016. So far, I think this year long course is going to really push the boundaries for my creative world. I am learning so much!

Playtime! Paints, doodling, stamps and stencils by Seth Apter, Nathalie Kahlbach and Finnabair, plus odds and ends like bottle caps, straws, and punchinella were my playthings to make this. I sewed some pages in and made a pocket, and a cool textured cover. So, here is the story in photos...

Pieces are ready to put together, I really had a wonderful time making the pages, I just couldn't stop once I started!


Cover shots, and trying to show some of the texture...



Showing the layout of my book with some inserts and a pocket...




And, here's a look at some of my pages...












Thanks for joining me, and I hope this might inspire you to play! 

Check out Wanderlust Journey, and hope I will see you there.




5 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful Maura. Great layers and colors. The stitching is an extra special touch. Love the texture you achieved in the color too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Seth! I got totally caught up in making this, it was so much fun.

      Delete
  2. Maura this is beautiful, all the texture and colours...I love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This fab book is awesome sauce! I'm new to Seths work but definitely loving what I see. So cool you used his supplies! I hope you have a blast with Wanderlust! It's too expensive for me so I will live vicariously through you. Lol! Hugz! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, your version is really beautiful too, your book is absolutely gorgeous Maura!!!!
    So happy to have seen it tonight... Thanks for sharing and telling me that you were also following the course! I really love it. Hugs again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest