Thursday, March 10

Looking in the Mirror into a Steampunk World




What do I see when I look in the mirror? Well, obviously sometimes, I just see myself...but other times when I look I see all the things floating around in my imagination. My imagination time and again goes into the Steampunk world. For some reason, that always captures my mind and I start to imagine stories in my head. Maybe because it is a mix of fantasy and science and history that makes it so appealing to me.

At my latest visit to a fine arts store in my area, I was handed these Daniel Smith watercolor samples to try, so that's what I did here. I like them! They have some really nice metallic and irridescent colors, and it was fun to try them out. Now, I have a few to add to my wish list. 
Stamped images are from Deep Red, and Paper Artsy


Here is a bit of detail that shows how some of the paints have that glittery appearance.


Can you imagine if you were flying through the air, and came across a raven like this?


I was inspired to make this page from my Wanderlust 2016 class (which I highly recommend!), and I also am entering my art journal page into Sandee and amelie's Steampunk Challenges. This year, all of their challenges are "anything goes", so it leaves it wide open to the imagination!

Have a wonderful, creative, imaginative day!


2 comments:

  1. I love this, Maura!

    You are such a talented story-teller with your beautiful steampunk pieces! Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful project with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    Hugs,
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project Maura ! thank you for your participation at Sandee & Amelie steampunk challenges !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest