Monday, November 14

Thankful For This



Hello friends! It's Monday, and that means a new challenge! This week we are expressing our thanks, what we are thankful for, Thanksgiving, showing our gratitude. Speaking of gratitude, I truly am grateful for each and every one of you who stops by for a visit, thank you.

I was inspired to work on something I have not done in a long time - a scrapbook page! I am so thankful for the view out of my windows, and when I came across this photo my husband took years ago, it just called to me.


I started with a sheet of Cordinations paper (peeled paint) and swiped on some Distress Paint in Forest Moss, then took the Tiles stencil and dabbed in Bundled Sage. For the next layer, I took the Ringer stencil and Evergreen Bough. You've probably noticed, I also turned the stencil upside down and pressed the extra paint in places. 


For the tags, I used the Autumn stencil and Rusty Hinge and Fossilized Amber, then went over it with the Wild Honey ink. 


I continued with the same paints and stencil and added the leaf layer. I toned it down a bit by going over most of the page with the Wild Honey ink again. 


It took me a few tries to get the layout I liked. Simon's Vintage Dictionary paper lies behind the photo and tags. Then, I splashed a stream of sequins, buttons and beads from 28 Lilac Lane across the page. 


I folded one tag and did a bit of journaling inside.


I added a touch of the Evergreen Bough distress paint around my photo mat, and the photo also. I felt like I needed to tie these in to the background. I added extra details with a graphite pencil, and white and black pens.


I truly am thankful for this beautiful view my family and I get to see every day...fields, woods and the Adirondack Mountains.

Please join us in this week's challenge and share your thanks. I look forward to seeing what you make! Each week, Simon Says Stamp generously gives a $50 shopping voucher to one lucky participant!


SUPPLIES:

                                       
                                       

A great place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram, be sure to use #sssmchallenge!


I am very thankful for the wonderful design team I work with, and I know you will be inspired by their beautiful work!




SaveSave

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout Maura, the photo is stunning and I love the way you framed it, the trail of buttons, beads and sequins looks fabulous! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout, Maura! I really envy your view outside your window. It's absolutely gorgeous.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with you on that view, just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous of your view...lucky you...of course you'd be thankful! Gorgeous layout too showcasing the photo...love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow- you have brilliantly captured the colors and feel of your beautiful surroundings, and I could never tire of that view either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous photo and layout! I definitely love the beautiful color that Autumn brings too! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO beautiful MAura! love this project, textures, colors and your picture are amazing! love sequins and buttons addition! Lilac lane embellishments are on my wish list! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful page Maura...love the texture and details and wow...what a stunning view...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great layout! And thank you for showing what you wrote on the "hidden" tag so I don't have to die of curiosity! I also love that you chose subject matter that is ordinary for your life, yet still so stunning. When I lived abroad, my brother gave me the best advice before I left. He told me to take pictures of ordinary things that I saw every day because when I came back home, those are the things I'd miss the most. He was so right and I really love how you paid homage to something that you are able to be grateful for on a daily basis! This has inspired me to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is an amazing view Maura! And you layout is stunning! I love the background and the sprinkle of buttons and beads. I should scrapbook photos of the views from the windows of the various places where we have lived too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love how the background matches with the picture! That's fabulous. What I love the most are the tags with embossed leaves - amazing. Hugs, Marzena!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing view and a wonderful layout to compliment it...this is just stunning Maura and I love all the details you've added including that fabulous arrangement of buttons! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a fabulous layout, Maura. The texture and colors on the background you created are awesome! Love the great photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun layout, Maura! love the scenery and the tag with the journaling is fabulous! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest