Thursday, December 8

Simon Says Stamp DieCember!


Today is the day for Simon Says Stamp to present the new DieCember line up of die cuts! Lucky me, I received the very versatile Missing You die cut to play with! So off I went to my crafty desk and made two cards and a tag.


I started with this masculine style card by using the negative image after I die cut the words.  I kept this simple in black and white, with a twist of bakers twine.


Next, I had a lot of fun with this one, by using the missing you as a mask and using multiple colors of sprays to get the background. Tied it off with a contrasting handmade ribbon. 


For my third creation, I dug deeper into the mixed media realm to make my tag. I started off with Tim Holtz's Burlap Stencil, stars, and my new set of Distress Crayons (#7), heat set it to give it dimension. Then I went over it with Rusty Hinge stain, and multiple spritzes of ground espresso, white and gold. Around the edges of the stars and tag with my graphite pencil and water brush. Time to add the letters which by chance I laid down like this, rather than straight across (my first thought).


 I hope you've enjoyed my sneak peeks for DieCember using the Missing You die! Anyone pick up on the theme in my photos of what I was "missing"?

SUPPLIES!

                                       
                                       

Be sure to check out all the fun!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest