Saturday, January 21

A Sea Dragon goes to Creativation 2017!


Today, I want to share my Sea Dragon I made for Creativation 2017 for Buttons Galore and More! I can't tell you how exciting it is for me to be asked to create for Creativation!! WOW!!

I am going to run through how I did this mainly through photos, so there will be a lot of photos - maybe grab a cuppa to look through these :)

I started with a 12x14 canvas, and this will give you an idea of how I created my ocean background. 







And here we are underwater looking upward towards the surface....


Next, I sketched out my sea dragon and cut it out of patterned paper and a solid purple. 




Details are sketched and doodled in...


Time for adding the buttons from this wonderful mix, aren't those colors gorgeous?



Details of the buttons, beads and sequins used to add dimension to the dragon.






Painting details....




Sea Dragon


Thanks for stopping by, and please, if you have any questions, ask! 
I had so much fun imagining and creating my canvas. Thank you Buttons Galore for asking me to do a project for Creativation 2017!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest