Friday, January 13

DecoArt DT Celebrating the Love!


I am celebrating being part of the DecoArt Mixed Media DT with these Valentine ATC's to "show the love!" 

I started by painting my pieces of cardboard with  DecoArt White Gesso.


Next step was to add in some texture with the Baroque stencil and Modeling Paste.


Now, pink is not a color I reach for very often, so I am working outside of my color comfort zone with my ATC's. Since I did not have pink on hand in the fluid acrylics, I mixed Quinacridone Magenta with the Tinting Base to make my own. 


Then, I mixed it a bit darker, and dry brushed it over the embossed areas and a bit on the flat area too. 


Next, I took the Made to Measure stencil and Prussian Blue Hue and dabbed in the "14" with a sponge.


Since I felt like I needed more on the background, I also used the stencil for the X's and dabbed in the Quinacridone Gold.


A bit of doodling with a black and white pen...


Now, time to seal that bottom layer with the Ultra Matte Varnish.


DecoArt Clear Crackle Glaze goes on next, and time to set them aside to dry. (of course they were laid out separately to dry! :)


While the bases were drying, I made a template and cut the hearts out of felt and added some fun detail with embroidery thread, buttons, fiber and some coffee dyed lace.



Crackle is now dry - look at that wonderful texture!


Time to experiment, so I went in with three different mediums to work into the cracks - Patina Green Antiquing Cream, Pyrrole Red, and Black Shimmer Metallic Lustre.


I wanted the embossed area to be more visible, so I went back in with the Black Shimmer.


And here they are after adding in some music paper, metal, words and hearts made out of my paper I work on.  




Closeup of the embossing and crackle...


I had a lot of fun making my Valentine ATC's experimenting with a number of different DecoArt mediums.


And here is a quick glimpse of the other supplies I used to create my project.


Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have enjoyed the process I shared making my Valentine ATC's using DecoArt!

2017 is going to be a very creative year!!




2 comments:

  1. Maura, I love this whole project….great techniques….another shout out to you for becoming a design team member for Deco Art…Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing the process photos Maura. So fun. They all turned out wonderfully. Xj.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest