Monday, November 6

Thankful



Hello Monday! Are you ready for a new challenge this week? Our theme is THANKS/THANKSGIVING.  We are showcasing INDIGO BLU this week, so if you have some of their awesome products, please share them with us!  
I made a Thank You and a Thankful card this week using the same stamp (Indigo Blu's Lotus stamp by Limor Webber) in different ways.

Please join me in welcoming Suman Pandit who is super creative, and I know you will love her style! We are so glad to have you joining us this month, Suman!!


I wanted to try out some new ideas this week. I started by stamping distress oxide inks directly onto the large ornate background stamp, then spritzed in with water and stamped it twice onto watercolor paper.


On the left is the first stamping which I am saving for future use, and on the right is the second generation stamped image which I am using. I wanted it to work more as a background for the lotus, so I went with the faded look.


I then stamped the lotus flower directly onto my background, and painted in the blue and green using Dylusions sprays and a small paintbrush.


As I was doing this, I had another idea! I spritzed the Dylusions sprays right onto the stamp and pressed it down into the watercolor paper. I love that you can see part of the detail of the stamp, but a lot spread out into a watercolor look. I did two sheets and laid them down on each other to get a bit more of the color. 


Next, I used distress oxide ink, spritzed it and dried it.


Indigo Blu has this cool Calculus stamp which I thought would look nice in the background.  Simon's Jellybean green is a good match.


I used a white pen to add some detail to the image, and highlighted a few areas with a clear Wink of Stella glitter pen. Final touch was to add some sequins.


THANK YOU


I added an Indigo Blu feather, and highlighted areas with the white pen, then add the Big Chat word - thankful to this one.


THANKFUL


I  truly am thankful for so many things in my life!


I hope you've enjoyed seeing how I created my cards, and I look forward to seeing what you make to share with us this week! Enjoy a creative week!

Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp offer a $50 voucher to one lucky participant!


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                    
                                        
A great place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram! use #sssmchallenge


Be sure to head on over to the challenge to see how all the designers are showcasing Indigo Blu this week in our challenge!



16 comments:

  1. Your cards are beautiful, Maura! I can really see the influence India has had on your artwork recently. Amazing!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both stunning. I love the stamping on background directly using distress inks and water, this faded version is so soft! And yes, sometimes completely amazing ideas come up during making a project. So cool you made both of them. Hugs, Macarena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Maura :-) both of them are fabulous and I especially love the effect you created with the 2nd one, the artsy watercolor design is stunning! Love the bright colours too, definitely India inspired 💛

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Maura! I love the color variations in both cards!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards! The vibrancy of the colours and intricacies of the designs are so beautiful 😁. Wishing you a happy week and weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful cards with so much wonderful detail but I especially love the one on the left...that is stunning! Wonderful work as always, Maura... <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are lovely Maura and the colors are really stunning. The technique you used on the first card came out so well and it looks so intricate and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both yourcards are fantastic, love how you created the background and colors are incredible, so bright! Fab project! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful cards Maura, those backgrounds are amazing against the flower image...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cards are AWESEOME Maura!! I love them! Love the stamp you used aswell!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Such different projects and each is stunning in its own way. Love your colors and how you've played with the lines-- blurred in some places and crisp in others. These are a tribute to your wide range of artistic skills.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the images and bold colors...so full of fun! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are gorgeous, Maura. Love the beautiful image and wonderful colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are very pretty, Maura. Love all the bright colors, and that background stamp is amazing! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest