Monday, December 11

It's Holiday Time!!



Hello Monday! Are you ready for our newest challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge? This week it is CHRISTMAS/WINTER HOLIDAY. 

I feel like a squirrel lately, dashing around madly looking for and storing the nuts for the winter! Working on getting my Christmas cards made, and this year I decided to do several different ones - more fun for me.

I love the joy this snowman shows, and then I thought, what if the snowman believed hard enough that the giant snowflake showed up? (kind of like Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin, but with a winter twist)


Not many photos this time...lots of cranking out the dies on the Big Shot, stamping and stenciling.


I wanted to just stencil the Believe, and knowing myself, I would never just keep it to that if I didn't block off the nearby design. Tape worked great to cover it up.


Just like most snowflakes are unique, I tried to make each one just a bit different by punching out different areas of the snowflake. This really makes the  SSS Felicity Snowflake die so versatile!


Love this message from Darkroom Door in the shape of a tree!


Don't forget to stamp something fun on the envelope too!



If you believe with all your heart, all your snowman dreams will come true!


Have a wonderful holiday season!! I hope you find some time to share your Christmas and Winter Holiday creations with us!

Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $50 shopping voucher.


SUPPLIES:   

                                        
                                                    
                                        

A great place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Let's check out what the design team is creating for the holidays!






11 comments:

  1. Super cute cards Maura :-) The snowman is adorable and I love the story behind the giant snowflake, haha, made me laugh :-) The background and simple design is perfect and I love that you even decorated the envelopes!! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that sweet snowman is adorable, Maura! I love the big snowflake and all its beautiful glitter and shine. So pretty!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely kraft set. The thuth is that kraft just like Paris - are always a great idea :-) Love the snowman he looks so happy and a winter-lover. Hugs, Macarena.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your frosty cards. Great tip with blocking off parts of the stencil with tape, I'll remember that one. The snowman is sooooooo cute, love him. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute Maura! love the white on this color, fabulous contrast! Beautiful design! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know that my forte is NOT simple, so I always admire people who can nail a simple card. Simple does not mean boring or effortless and you've definitely proven that here! You've managed to weave emotion into those endearing little snowman by how you set your components up and as always, it's a treat to see the imaginative ideas of how these pieces of art begin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards, Maura and I love the contrast of the white against the kraft background, it looks gorgeous and so elegant! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are so pretty Maura! And it looks fantastic in real life! Thank you so very much!! (There is a card on the way to you too, I hope it gets there in time.:) The snowman is so happy and joyful, I love it. You also added the perfect shading on the snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your fabulous holiday card, Maura. The snowman and snowflake are so beautiful. Thank you so much for sending me this fantastic card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the design you ceated on your beautiful cards Maura, gorgeous snowflakes and a whimsical snowman are stunning on the craft card...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely cards, Maura, the snowman is so fun and the big snowflake is very pretty. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest