Sunday, May 20

Playtime with DecoArt Pouring Medium!


I had so much fun this afternoon trying out the new Pouring Medium that DecoArt sent me - Thank you!!
It is very easy to use, mix and pour. I haven't tried the topcoat yet, but once these are fully dry, I will.

I decided to start out using the Americana paints where I can mix paint and pouring medium 50/50. I'm using Peacock Teal, Bright Salmon and Slate Grey. A tray to work on, plastic cups, skewers (don't know where my popsicle sticks are), and some mini canvases and I am set to play!


Mixing and playing and pouring, oh my! It's fun to keep tilting the canvas and changing the pattern. The hard part is figuring out when to stop. I also tried using a comb tool and even shaking the canvas to see what would happen - be careful if your paint is still pretty wet, or you will have it all over.


Then I decided I wanted to add in some white. I'm using my DecoArt Fluid Acrylic Titanium White and a skewer stick, the pointy end. My thought was to add some white dots, but what I got was so much better!


As long as the pour is still pretty wet, when you add a dot of white it spreads out into these beautiful organic patterns - I love it! 


I did this one first and the paint was the wettest. 
It's my favorite out the the ones I made today!


The pour was drier, so the white dots don't spread as much. Rather chaotic, but it could become a background.


On this one, I used a comb like you do when marbling paper, and I like how it turned out. I will definitely give this technique another go!


I love the swirly, organic patterns of a pour. I am looking forward to trying it on larger pieces and different color combinations.


Now I have some really cool backgrounds to play with! I bet you see some of these again in future projects. Thanks for stopping by, and if you have any questions, I would be happy to help!
Maura

DecoArt has some introductory short videos HERE if you are interested in learning more. 


3 comments:

  1. Great results, Maura! Love your spreading-dots-technique!
    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome, Maura! Thanks for sharing your experimental techniques. Love the white dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun, love .the dot loving the pouring. it is addictive. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest