Monday, July 9

Summer Fun!



Hello friends, and welcome to our challenge for this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - SUMMER FUN! Share with us how you have fun in the summer by creating something. I love to go the beach, especially at the ocean, to wade, be on the beach and watch the waves, maybe sketch, and I am looking forward to that this summer. 

BEACH DAYS are the best!


I headed to my art journal and planned to just do one page, so I glued some strips of  Carta Bella's Summer Splash paper (SSS July card kit) on the page.


Next, I brushed Paper Artsy Candy Floss and Coral up and down the page.


Time to add some dimension with texture paste and Simon's Large Moroccan stencil.


Once the texture paste dried, I went in with several Dylusion sprays to add another layer of color. It was at this point when I noticed the sprays had gone over the other page, that I decided to do a spread.


Next, I toned it down a bit with the Antarctic paint. 


Time to add more layers, and stencils are great for this! I used several different stencils with varying paints by the time I was done.


I cut out a number of flamingos from the July card kit, and kept the "scrap" to make my own stencil from it. I sponged Candy floss on the the other page to add a couple of birds.


Dandelion Pops, tropical flowers and flamingos...


details...


Texture, Dandelion Pops, tropical flowers, beach scene, a sparkly flamingo that I just had to add a feather to...


details...


Well now I can't wait to get to the beach!


How do you like to spend your summer days and have fun? Create and share with us this week and you could win a $50 shopping voucher from our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp! 


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                    



                                        
A Great place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use hashtag #sssmchallenge


Now I am wondering how the design team has fun in the summer, aren't you? Be sure to head on over to see their awesome makes!





8 comments:

  1. Fabulous journal pages Maura! I love how you used the July kit!! absolutely GORGEOUS!! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous journal pages, Maura! I'm loving that glitter flamingo!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This piece is really cool! I especially liked seeing how skillfully you worked those stencils. You combined them just right without it being crazy-town. Nicely done, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous journal pages, Maura and they really do shout out summer and I love that flamingo, so cool! Hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to see how you build your backgrounds and this one is so cool. I like the idea of drawing the contour of the flamingo! Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so cool Maura, love your flamingo page and the addition of that feather is so cute, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful layers and dimension. I love that you included pics of the process! Lovely work~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flamingo is so inspirational! the pages are fabulous, love colors and design! barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest