Monday, December 3

"B" is for Blast Off!



Hello Monday, my friends! The week has flown by once again, and here we are in December! Our challenge for you this week is B is for? (anything beginning with the letter B), because we are highlighting some awesome products by Brutus Monroe this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. 

We have a great guest designer for you this month - Ann Barnes at aksbarchitect CREATES! You are in for a treat this month, so please join me in welcoming Ann for December with us!

B is for Blastoff!
B is for Books!
hmm, why not combine these together into a little book with a blast off theme?


I have been so inspired by these wrapped journals friends are making using the Eileen Hull die, that I had to try it myself! 
I wanted to try to get a variety of colors for my background, like the beautiful colors Nebulas in the galaxy, so I started with some oranges. I wiped the distressed oxides onto my craft sheet, spritzed it with water and "smooshed" the die cut into it. I used the leftover ink for the inside. 


Next, I "smooshed" the pigment inks onto the cover in a similar way.


I also used the splatter brush to add more of the aqua pigments. 


Next, I sponged blue and purple waves into my universe. I like to use the Tangled Waves stencil to created sky designs. 


Same step, inside 


I decided I wanted to tone it down, so wiped on Antarctic and Inky Pool with a brush and then wiped it back with a baby wipe. 


I like how some of the design comes through, as well as a variety of colors. 



Then, I used the Blast Off stencil and Amethyst paint on the covers. Once that dried, I added in some detail with the silver pen.  I also added in some abstract triangles with the amethyst and Blue Aqua Pigment.  I also used an older stamp from Brutus Monroe, that looked like a scribble, and went around the edges with just a bit of it. 

front


back


details




I attached the signatures with some elastic cord I had on hand.  I made two signatures with white card stock, and two with water color paper.


Back of the book


Blast Off for Books!!
I think this would make a fun little book to keep notes and sketches on books I've read, maybe ideas for inspiration.


Are you thinking of something with a B now? I hope so, and you will join us this week in our fun challenge. Show us your Brutus Monroe if you have any, we'd love to see what you do with it. Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp offer a $50 voucher each week to one lucky participant drawn at random. 


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                    
                                        

A Great place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Curious about the B's the design team has chosen for this week? Head on over and check it out. Thanks for stopping by!




5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous background for this fun book cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maura, always love seeing your painted and inked backgrounds, and this has nade for the perfect placement of the blasting rockets, I can totally envision using this to note some well loved books or even ones to read. I love your take on the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Maura!!!! Your backgrounds are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! I love the fact that I always find new products when i look at your projects, you are my inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous book cover - the layers look so cool, and give such depth to your outer space night sky.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous project, Maura! The layers in your galaxy sky is amazing. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest