Monday, January 21

Alcohol, Inks or Drinks



Hello Monday my friends! We have a fun theme for you this week at Simon Says Stamp  Monday Challenge - Alcohol, Inks or Drinks! I think this will be a fun mix, so come and join us!

I challenged myself to use my alcohol inks and create a landscape, which I then put into one of my many art journals.


I mixed several of blue alcohol inks to create the sky. 

**There are a couple of ways to change the pattern, one is to use your heat tool to stop the pattern where you want it (otherwise it will continue to change until it dries). 
**The other is to add drops of the blending solution directly to the paper to keep the ink blending, or to add a few drops to the felt applicator and "stamp" it.


I used the lift ink and star/snow stamp on the sky. After you stamp with the lift ink, be sure to rub it with a paper towel or cloth to reveal it.


I used a mix of greens and browns to create the land. I added ghost trees to the background using the Lift ink, and then stamped trees on top with the brown ink.


I "painted" in some darker areas, like the rocks with the ink and a brush. Be sure to clean your brush right away. I also stamped a couple deer into the forest scene.


Alcohol Ink Landscape


I hope I've inspired you to try your hand with alcohol inks! (of course, you can also do something drink related). Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $50 voucher to one lucky participant!


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                    
                                        
A great place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Be sure to head on over to see how the design team interpreted this week's challenge!




15 comments:

  1. Beautiful landscape Maura :-) I love the blend of colours and the whole scene you created here! Very artsy and fabulous! :-)

    Hope you have a great week!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely landscape and colors, the stamping and the painting worked so seamlessly together!I love how the lift ink worked together with your stamping

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty and made me sigh and feel more relaxed just by looking at it! I wanted to step into this scene and love how you gave it that blended ethereal look. Stunning, which doesn't surprise me in the least!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW absolutely fabulous background and scene you created and love the majestic stags
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful and unique. What kind of ink did you use to stamp the trees and deer? TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used a distress ink, gathered twigs, just because I had it handy. It took a long time to dry, so I think I would try it with and archival dye ink next time.

      Delete
  6. Wow, what a beautiful scene! I love how you have blended the alcohol inks to create this page - amazing 😁. Wishing you a wonderful week! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally love the scene and those vibrant colors. The sky with bright drops is amazing and the trees with deers are so realistic. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a vivid landscape - the lifted stars are so cool, and I love that you painted in some of the details and shadows.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate your comment Alison, thank you!

      Delete
  9. Wow Maura, that is amazing! Having tried a landscape or two with alcohol inks I am immensely impressed with your beautiful results, it's not easy to do (at least for me LOL!) and I adore what you have created. Thanks so much for sharing this great piece, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your fabulous art journal page, Maura. The color scheme and the landscape you created are fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Maura! This project is stunning! The landscape you created is incredible, bravo! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest