Monday, April 22

Going Around in Circles



Hello friends and happy Monday! Glad to have you back for a new challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - GOING AROUND IN CIRCLES.  

I have to say this week's project took me around in circles as I was working on it in more ways than one. I attempted a video to show how I created the background, then seemed to forget everything I had learned on putting it together. I also had some lovely colors, and really wish I had stopped earlier with this, and gone in a different direction. All I can say is that while I was working on my bright colorful pages, I heard the news about the Notre Dame Cathedral burning (such a terrible destructive fire) and my pages took a dark turn. I am so happy to hear the groundswell of support to help rebuild the cathedral.

So in the meantime....

Never underestimate a girl with paint on her hands!



I began by cutting out circles of the cute dotted Reverse Confetti papers and glueing them down. 


My video showing how I created the background with paint and stamps, fingers crossed!




I snapped a few photos just in case. I really like the colorful background and circle stamps here.


Then, I thought to tone it down a bit with white...


...draw a few blue circles....


...add watercolor...


...doodle...


...write in the circles...


...then I felt like I had gone too far and done too much, so collaged on a couple of sheets of deli paper...


...ripped around the edges...


...added stamped "bubble wands" on old paper and  Dylusions black paint.


Somehow, right before my painty fingers, my art journal pages had totally morphed into something completely unexpected. Has that ever happened to you? Hidden below the smoky surface are some lovely colors and circle designs. 


So that's my story and I'm sticking to it! I hope you are thinking of circles now that I've taken you've round and round. I hope you can come join us this week for our challenge! One lucky participant will be chosen to receive a $50 voucher from our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp! 


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                   
                                        
A GREAT place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


The design team is going around in circles this week, so be sure to head on over to see their wonderful creations!






7 comments:

  1. Fabulous art journalling Maura :-) I love the step by step pics and loved seeing how the events around you influenced this page! It was so sad to see the fire raging through such a beautiful cathedral, but am sure it will be re built and hopefully a decent sprinkler system installed :-/ So many historic buildings have met the same fate and we never seem to learn any lessons :-(

    Hope you have a great week!
    luv
    Lols XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHH i so loved your video!!! Lovely art journal Pagee Maura!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO GREAT, Maura, and as always, I'm honored when I see how skillfully you use my stamps. I could not have dreamed of having a better artsy advocate! I also really like the texture you created and it was a treat to see the progression of this piece along with your decisions and narrative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous pages! The texture is amazing 😁. I was saddened by the news about Notre Dame too and you have captured the darkness beautifully on your page. Happy weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I would never say there were such a crazy vibrant colors behind. I love the depth of this pages and all the layers of colors you put one on another.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these fabulous journal pages, Maura. The texture and colors you created are so beautiful! Your video is so fun and awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Maura! What a fabulous pages you created! LOve to see your creative process, it's so helpful! Fab work my friend! BArbara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest