Monday, September 16

Simon Says: Monochrome



Hello my friends! I hope you have enjoyed a lovely week. It's been getting cooler here, especially at night, and the Autumn colors are beginning to show, which inspired my YELLOW (maybe I should say, Curry, palette). Our challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is MONOCHROME, and the challenge is to work with one color. 

HEARTFELT BLESSINGS


I found so many new items that I loved in the Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember release, that I had to put in a quick order. This week, I am playing with a couple of them, the Sunflower Stem die cut and the Tumbling Leaves stencil. Both of these are just perfect for autumn. 

I die cut the flower using two shades of yellow Simon card stock and glued them with the glue sponge.


I'm using an old art journal, and I like this page with the printing for my background. I used texture medium with the stencil, and once dry, went in with a blend of yellow paints. I sprinkled some Golden Sands infusion into the wet paint and blended with my finger. 



After I adhered the sunflower, I decided I wanted to add some more infusions, so I mixed a bit with gel medium and spread it on to the sunflower. Then, I decided to splatter on some black ink. Maybe I've pushed the boundaries of monochrome, but I like it, so hey. 


I like the Tim Holtz Big Chat stickers for a bit of emphasis. 


It's fun to challenge yourself to work only in one color palette. I've been seeing a lot of great projects lately with lots of yellow which also inspired my palette. 


I hope you are inspired to join us this week in our challenge! I am looking forward to seeing your creations! Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp offer a $50 voucher to one lucky participant! 


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                    
                                        
A GREAT place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge



Are you wondering what colors the design team chose to work with this week? I know I am! Be sure to head on over to check out their always amazing and inspiring creations!






1 comment:

  1. The textures and depth of your mixed media journal cover is amazing. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest