Monday, December 16

Simon Says: Cityscape



Hello Monday my friends! I hope you are enjoying the holiday season with friends and family. This week our theme at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is: CITYSCAPE. I decided to create my very own city, and mulled around several ideas before I settled on this one. 

Night and Day in the City


I used Stamperia Mechanical Fantasy papers to cut out a skyline. I didn't draw anything, but just free cut it with the scissors. 


Whenever I work with the gelli plate like I did in last week's project, I always print extra papers with the leftover paint - why waste it? So, I am using my extra prints for the houses, and if you are interested in how I made these, check HERE


Love my Stamp Platform for getting the best images with my stamps!


I stamped a cut a lot of house images, then set them out on the pages to get an idea of my layout. TIP: take a quick photo of your layout, so when you pull everything off to adhere it layer by layer, you can refer back to it.



To help create the illusion of skyscrapers in the background, I used Simon's Grid stencil to make lit windows. 


The circle stems work great to make lamps (or trees).



Everything laid out, glued down, popped up...but I felt like something was missing...


Ah, yes...SNOW! After all it has been falling here lately, and our first storm in December brought us 16 inches!



I like the mix of day and night with the differing background papers. After all, don't they say a city never sleeps?


GO.SEE.DO....So much is going on in the big city! 


I hope I've inspired you with my cityscape to join our challenge this week! Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $50 voucher to shop at their fabulous store...could be you!



SUPPLIES:
  
                                        
                                                    
                                        
A GREAT place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


The design team is ready and waiting to share their cityscape makes, so be sure to head on over and check them out! 





2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest