Monday, January 27

Simon Says: All Loved Up!



Hello Monday, my friends! Are you ready for a new challenge? We have one for you at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - ALL LOVED UP! I interpreted this as something full of love, fun and whimsy, but you might have a completely different take on it. 

This is Claudia's last week with us as our guest designer. Hasn't it been awesome having her on this month's journey with us? Claudia, you know I am always looking forward to your creativity!

My brain filled up with images of hearts, circles, then rabbits and elephants, as I started working this week. Then, somehow it love even morphed into a tree...guess that makes sense, I've been reading a story about trees. 

ALL LOVED UP


I created some backgrounds to stamp the images onto using Prima oil pastels and large stamps. All you do is rub the pastels over the design, mist with water and stamp. 


Once the backgrounds were dry, (and on one, I rubbed in more colors and blended with a water brush) I stamped lots of images. 


...all cut out and ready to choose from...
Then, I got caught up in making the cards, so not much in the way of process other than layering. 


I know Valentines are often in pinks and reds, but why not choose a bright kaleidoscope of colors?


After I laid my circles in place, I decided to doodle the edge, then a bit of the design under the circles. Suddenly a tree was looking back at me, so with an edge around the circles, it fully emerged. 



And why not show some elephant love too?


Then, the adorable rabbits hopped onto the table, and I had to find them a card!


What's better than one bunny? Why, two!
I added in a bit of pink watercolor, and wings, as well as a bit of stenciling.



 Elephant and  bunny are colorful friends! 



I love the bright kaleidoscope of colors on these cards, and how they each came to me telling me how to put them together. 


I hope you've enjoyed my quartet of cards, and are inspired to join us this week! Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp offer a $50 voucher to one lucky player!


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                 
                                        
A great place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Be sure to head on over to the challenge blog to see all the love from the DT!






11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards, very fun to look at all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, these are adorable! I just love the little bunnies with the hearts and the bright backgrounds, they really make me smile 😀. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Jo! I really enjoyed working with those bright colors and cute bunnies! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest