Monday, March 9

Simon Says: A Bit O' the Green



Hello Monday, my friends! Welcome to this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - A Bit O Green. 

Well, I have to admit, telling me to use just a bit of green is like saying I can only have one potato chip...not gonna happen, LOL! So yes, I went whole hog with the greens this week. After all it is my favorite color, and St. Patrick's Day is my favorite holiday, so I had to work that into this too. 

A HUNDRED THOUSAND WELCOMES

(on my front door to welcome you in)


How happy I am to play with green! I got out my art journal (one of many), and a pack of Authentique Dublin paper, and ripped out some strips to adhere into the journal with matte medium.


Next, I layered several greens with Tim Holtz paints. I kind of like the Northern Lights approach to the painting. By swiping vertically with the brush, I got these lovely layers of color. 



Next, I dripped Emerald Liquid Acrylic at the top of the page, spritzed it with water and let it drip down the pages. 


I scrubbed some gelatos into the Flora background stamp, misted it with water, and stamped over the painted layers. I love those random areas of orange flowers. 


After this layer dried (with a bit of help from the heat tool), I stenciled on the leaves.



Once that dried, I laid the stencil down again over it, and scrubbed in some gelatos. Then I took the heat tool and heated those areas. If you hold it long enough, it bubbles and raises up, creating some texture. It's a good idea to do this in a well ventilated area. 




Then, I scribbled around the leaves with a black pen, and added in three bits of pink from some junk paper I had on hand. I was thinking of the pretty flowers on the shamrock plant. 



I hand lettered the Gaelic welcome (slightly different spelling than on my door according to Google...anyone know why?) with a white Posca marker. then wrote it in English with black pen, sort of intertwining them. 


I hope I've inspired you to get out some green and join in the fun this week! Every week our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp offer a $50 shopping voucher to one lucky participant, it could be you! We also love to highlight our favorites each week. 

Have a Happy St. Patick's Day! Maura


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                    

                                        
A GREAT place to shop!!!


Simon is on Instagram, use #sssmchallenge


The leprechauns over at the design team have been busy working with green this week, so be sure to go over and visit!


4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful pages! I loved seeing how they came together and the background that you created looks amazing 😁. The leaves and wording are just perfect too - fabulous! Have a wonderful new week and wishing you a happy St. Patrick's Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous art journalling Maura :-) the textures and hades of green are gorgeous! Love it!! :-) ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes totally inspiring, I love how you did this spread! So much fun!! I enjoyed you step by step too, thanks so much for that! Amazing job here!
    Peace,
    KristyLee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, could it be any greener?! It's like peering into a lush jungle clearing, and you've created such depth of colour and perspective. Amazing - and I love the Gaelic lettering.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest