Monday, April 27

Simon Says: Not a Card!



Hello Monday my friends! I hope this finds you and your loved ones well. Our new challenge for you this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is NOT A CARD. Easy peasy, right? There are so many things to create - home decor, artist trading cards, tags, art journal, sewing, embroidery, and on and on. Have fun with this one!

We say goodbye to Tracey this week. It has been such a pleasure having you with us this month Tracey. I've enjoyed your beautiful creations!

UPDATE: VERY HONORED TO HAVE THIS SELECTED AS A FAVORITE OF THE WEEK MAY 2 OVER AT SPLITCOASTSTAMPERS!! THANK YOU!

I headed to my art journal this week. I've been thinking about all of us staying home all over the world to flatten the curve of the virus.

HOME, SWEET HOME


I pulled out a smaller Dylusions journal. I had some pages ready that I made ages ago, and this just seemed like a perfect background. It's a mix of sprays, border stamps and white pen. 


I stamped the gnomes, bird, "trees" etc on watercolor paper, and colored them with Tombow markers and a water brush. I stenciled the mushroom house with Distress inks, and doodled a bit. 


My home gnomes have a bit of sparkle with Wink of Stella. 


The Home Sweet Home is hand lettered. 


I hope you've enjoyed my stay at home theme in my art journal, and you and your loved ones are well. Please join us this week and make anything, but a card, to share! 

Please Note:
As you may know, the  Simon Says Stamp Store is accepting new orders, but have longer shipping times for the moment due to the coronavirus. With this in mind we have made the difficult decision to suspend the $50 voucher for this challenge.

We know that many people are staying safe at home and we would love it if you would continue to enter the challenges and have fun! We are all in this together! 


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                   
                                        
A GREAT  place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Be sure to head on over to see what the design team is creating this week!



2 comments:

  1. That's an absolutely delightful page spread - I adore the blended background colours, and the vivid brights of the quirky characters and their wonderful fungi home. Just fabulous - this definitely made me smile.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Alison! I am so happy I brought a smile to you, and thanks for the oh, so lovely comment! Be well, Maura

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest