Monday, June 8

Simon Says: It's a Man Thing



Hello Monday my friends! We have a brand new challenge for you this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - IT'S A MAN THING. I took this as the perfect opportunity to make a Father's Day card for hubby.

Yes, yes, I know fishing is not just a "man thing"...after all I have done my fair share of fly fishing. (not that I am very good at catching the fish, but I do enjoy my time in nature) But, I did choose it as a theme since my husband is getting back into fishing, for which I am very thankful. 

Just for fun, he got a new fishing vest and was testing it out, so we had a grab a can of tuna for him, lol. So, of course, I also have to show him out there, really fly fishing. (This was in Yellowstone a few years back.) All I know about fly fishing, I learned from him.


FISH


I started with watercolor paper and some smooshing with Distress Oxides. I repeated it until I got what I liked. 


Then I laid the Simon Waves stencil down, and rubbed the embossing ink over it. Next up, sprinkle on some Distress Glazes, heat and voila! I actually did this a few times too.


I stamped the fish design and colored it with markers and a water brush. 


I wanted a contrasting color from the background. (I have no idea what color this fish really is.)


Details...
oh, I splattered with Deep Turquoise Liquid Acrylic, and when that dried, white acrylic ink.



I mounted the it onto a black card, so added a bit of green inside, stamped and hand wrote the message. (If you could turn this over, you would see I stamped happy birthday...then I realized I was making it for Father's Day, oh boy.)


So, let's go fishing!


I went with a fishing theme for a "man" thing, but just think of all the possibilities, from cars to cooking, boating to beekeeping, gardening to goats...whatever it is that your man likes, create something and share it with us! Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher to one participant drawn at random...could be you!


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                    
                                        
A GREAT place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge,
 also #sssunitedwecraft and #sssendacard


Be sure to pop on over and see how the design team went masculine this week!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest