Monday, July 13

Early Birds




Hello Monday my friends! Welcome to this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - EARLY BIRDS. Remember that saying about early birds get the worm? Or how about the lovely bird song that wakes you up in the morning? Or maybe it's just the raucaus calls of the crows at sunrise, which often happens at my house. Could be the rooster crow at the break of dawn...well, however you interpret early birds, I hope you create a project and share it with us this week!

I had a lot of fun this week with watercolor and two lovely stamp sets designed by fellow team members, Anna-Karin Evaldsson and Andrea Ockey Parr.

EARLY BIRDS


I love using my Daniel Smith watercolors! The pigments are so rich and easy to blend. I purchase the tubes of watercolor, empty pans, and set up my own palettes. 
I started off by painting my Tim Holtz bird die pieces and this cool die from Jane Davenport.



Next, I began stamping my garden scene, using my stamp platform.


Once the ink is well dried, it's time to start in with the watercolor.



I wanted the birds to have that iridescent shimmer, so went over them with Wink Of Stella.





I love this saying in Anna-Karin's stamp set! 
It looks like a friendly meeting between the bird and butterfly, to enjoy the sunshine and flowers.


The early birds are out in the garden! We have been enjoying the birds around our home lately. There is one catbird that loves to sing in the evening until sunset. I do wonder what that song is saying... I also have a hummingbird feeder I can watch from my craft table, and it is lovely to look up and see those little gems. 


EARLY BIRDS


I hope you are inspired to join us this week in our Early Birds challenge.  Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher to one participant drawn at random!






A GREAT place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Be sure to head on over and see how the fabulous design team interpreted this week's challenge!


2 comments:

  1. This is such a cheerful project Maura! How fun that you combined Andrea's and my stamps!! I love what you have done with them. My first thought was how cute with the friendly meeting between the bird and the butterfly. Lovely bright and happy colors and gorgeous coloring. That happens to be a favorite quite of mine. :) Have a great week!! Hugs! / Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Anna-Karin! I am really glad you like how it came out with your beautiful stamps! hugs, Maura

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest