Monday, August 10

Summer Memories



Hello Monday my friends, so happy to see you! We have a lovely SUMMER MEMORIES challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge

Now, most years my summer memories would be filled with travel, visiting the ocean, camping, visiting family and friends...but this summer is just a little different, isn't it? I have made a few road trips around my state, packing up a picnic lunch and just getting out of the house for a day, mask and social distancing of course. But, when I think about this summer, at the front of all of my memories is the garden that my son expanded in a big way! We are starting to enjoy fresh from the garden veggies, and it is lovely.  Plus, I really enjoy all the beautiful plants and flowers on our deck. So my project this week focuses on the gardens.

I made a little garden memory notebook. 


Here's a side view of the garden, lots of beans, tomatoes, corn, squash, kale, lettuce, rhubarb, and even sunflowers. Plus a bit more expansion is planned too, after all we need a place to plant the garlic in the fall. Kind of looks like a creature growing at the top there...


I found this chipboard notebook in my stash, I've probably had it for years. I took it apart and covered all sides with the Cloud 9 paint.


Once that dried, I stenciled on some bold flowers with texture paste.


Then, I used paint to add in the greenery, flowers and sky.


I used the honeycomb stamp and Jellybean ink to add in a design layer in the green.


I felt like the sky needed more texture, and while cleaning up with my baby wipe, I thought why not scrunch it together and dab some paint on? I like it! I also did this on the inside covers.


Detail...


I am a sucker for some gold, so wiped on some Gold Bullion over the raised areas.


I stamped some flowers and bees inside, and colored these with watercolors.


Added watercolor to the bees on the front, added the word HOPE - aren't we always hoping the garden will grown and produce? I also glued on a couple of cute tiny tools.


I wanted to add a bit to the inside papers, so added a shadow leaf design.

 

...and here's the book all put back together.


Details...


It is a very tall and narrow notebook, and could be used for notes or sketching. I had to take a photo with the garden in the background.


And here's a peek at the variety of plants and flowers on the deck..


Closeup showing the gold shimmer...


Bees and gardens, the perfect companions! We have added a lot of flowers to attract pollinators.


Insides...


I'll leave you with a few more photos from the deck...it's become my favorite place to spend time this summer.



So what is inspiring you this summer? What are your summer memories? Why not create something to show us, we would love to see it! Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher to one participant.





A GREAT place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Are you as curious about the design team's summer memories as I am? Head on over to find out.


And, don't forget our special challenge this month for the kids!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest