Monday, October 26

Movie Inspiration: Hocus Pocus!



Hello Monday my friends! This week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge we are all about MOVIE INSPIRATION. 

Sadly, this week we say good-bye to the amazingly talented Alison Bomber . I am always so inspired by her creativity! It has been wonderful having you with us again Alison!

At this time of the year, one of my favorite movies to watch for Halloween is "Hocus Pocus." I just love the story, costumes and facial expressions of the three sister witches. Every year, it is a tradition for me to watch it. So, I created "a little hocus pocus" card (or two).


No step by step this week, just some photos.  I used my STAMPtember 2019 set by Tim Holtz for the critter. This one is colored with Tombow markers, and distressed with Ground Espresso.  Isn't that big eyeball a great embellishment? How much fun can you have with those?


Love that worm wallpaper, and the spiders encroaching on the apothecary. What are those bottles filled with? Magic potions? Spells? Poisons?


This card, I used colored pencils for the coloring. On both, I spritzed on some sprays to add a bit more color to the background.



Happy Halloween everyone! I hope you will join our Movie Inspiration challenge this week! Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher. 



A great place to shop!

 
Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Be sure to head on over and see what movies have inspired the design team!

3 comments:

  1. These cards are so fun Maura!! I love the details, coloring, textures and the great scenes that you built. Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fabulous Halloween cards! I love all the detail that you created, such fun 😀. Take care and sending you happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, brilliant - I love the weird and wonderful glowing lotions and potions in the bottles, and the little crittur stealing one powerful poison to cause mischief. The background variations are so cool - can't decide which I like better... they both work perfectly. I'm sorry it's taken me most of the week to get round to visiting - as you probably know, things are a bit mad round my way at the moment! It's been a real honour and a pleasure to create alongside you all again - thanks for having me.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest