Monday, October 12

Spooky!



Hello Monday my friends! It's that spooky time of the year as Halloween approaches, and our theme this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is SPOOKY!

I had a lot of fun creating this spooky scene. Do you think the cat is terrorized by the bat? Are those gnarly branches of the tree reaching out to capture the bat? Did the tree push the cat out? I'm not sure what is happening here, but it is haunting!


I started with some watercolor backgrounds for the sky and moon. Of course it has to be a full moon, and I think this year we are having a full moon on Halloween! How awesome is that?


Trying to get the feel of clouds, and some definition to the moon.


I have an older Simon Says Stamp Candy Corn die which I used with the distress inks to create a frame. 


Love to stamp the envelopes, which I did with an older Tim Holtz Halloween blueprint stamp.


Aren't these snarky cats awesome? I colored mine with watercolors.


These gnarly branches are just so cool! 


SPOOKY!!


If you are in the mood for Halloween, get your spooky on and join us in this week's fun challenge! Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher.


SUPPLIES:



A GREAT place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


The design team is amazing when it comes to spooky things, so be sure to head on over and check out their makes!




3 comments:

  1. Such a fun project Maura! The cat is hilarious and definitely scared of the bat. I love that gnarly tree too. I hope you will have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spook-tacular card! Thsi is such fun, I love the rich colours and the scared kitty cat 😀. Wishing you a happy new week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cloudy sky in the background and I love the tree silhouetted against the moon - a great spooky card.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest