Monday, December 7

Simon Says: Use a Favorite Technique

 



Hello Monday, my friends! Welcome to this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Use a Favorite Technique. We are showcasing the amazing array of products from Paper Artsy too.

Please join me in welcoming our December guest designer, Makena Bennet. I know you will enjoy her creative style. Welcome Makena!!

So...when I try to think of a favorite technique, I have a really hard time narrowing it down. How about you? Do you have a favorite that you always use? I love to play and experiment and try out new ideas - maybe that's my favorite technique. I do love to layer with paint and images, and I like to tell stories in my work, so that's what I'll share this week in my art journal.

DARE TO STAND OUT


So, I headed to my art journal with an array of Paper Artsy paints, aren't they great? Love that chalky finish and how quickly they dry. 
I blended several blues with a brush.


In the middle, I wanted orange, so mixed Coral with Yellow Submarine, and brushed that on.


I wanted a light, and slightly opaque peachy color, so blended these with a palette knife. 


I'm using an older Paper Artsy Jofy stencil to add circle designs. 


Next up is a technique I like - rubbing gelatos onto stamps and spritzing them with water, then stamping.  (Tim Holz distress crayons, or Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks would do the same.)


I stamped repeatedly, so some are more of a ghostly image.


Next up, a blend to make a light blue...


and stenciling some waves or water across the page.


I wanted one fish to stand out, so stamped in pink ink, and added gold. Did you notice I also have this fish headed in the opposite direction of the school?


To make the fish stand more, I added some pink.


I hand letter the words and added gold.



So, YES! Let's dare to stand out!


Have you thought of your favorite technique? Come join the fun with us this week and share your creativity. Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a generous $25 shopping voucher! 



A great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


The design team is sharing their favorite techniques, so be sure to head on over and check it out.


1 comment:

  1. Such a gorgeous page! Love all the layering of colours and images, so beautiful 😀. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest