Monday, January 11

Shake it Up!



Hello Monday my friends! Welcome back to our Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. This week  our challenge is SHAKE IT UP! Use a shaker in your project and share it with us. 

It's been a difficult year so far with the continuing pandemic and unrest. I decided to combine the beautiful heart world with Tim Holtz's Courage quote in my card and focus on...

More love, less hate


I started by stamping the images onto the slimline card with Simon's black ink and heat set it.


I swiped the blues on the craft sheet, misted with water and laid the card down.


Repeated with greens...


And one more time with rust.


I stamped the words on to the shaker, but later re-stamped it onto white paper and glued it down, because it was off kilter when I glued the shaker down.


I added sequins into the shaker, edged it all around with Glossy Accents, then laid the card onto the shaker and pressed. Some of the sequins got glued into place with my method, but it looks ok, and some shaking is still going on. 


How timely are these words?


Events last year and up to today are certainly shaking the world up! A shaker card seems to be perfect for these times. I am hopeful brighter days are ahead. 


I hope you will join us in our shaker challenge. Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a generous $25 shopping voucher to one participant drawn at random. 



A great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram, use #sssmchallenge


Be sure to check out how the design team is shaking things up!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest