Monday, March 15

Simon Says: Recycle!




Hello Monday my friends! We have a new challenge for you at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - RECYCLE. I don't know about you, but I have lots of cardboard from all the packages delivered this past year. (No, I didn't keep them all, most headed to the recycling bin) Let's just say I was inspired by the corrugated cardboard, and the Tim Holtz demo on Distress Glazes and Crayons. 

HEART & SOUL


It all starts with a piece of cardboard from a box...


Then I scraped on some Grit Paste through the Grime stencil.( yes, you might notice I labeled my stencil "grunge", but I fixed that)


I sprinkled on Distress Glazes with the only three colors I have at the moment...oh, yes, I'll be getting some more! I'm impatient with drying, and usually you just let grit paste dry, then do the glaze, but honestly, I like the weird, bubbly texture it gets when heated right away.


Next, I used a stencil with distress crayon, and rubbed it in with my finger. You will notice not much sticks because of the ridges of the cardboard,.


I also added Distress Glaze to the button and Quote Chip. (I used Glossy Accents on the button to hold the glaze powder.)


I've used both glazes and crayons on this beautiful little girl.  


Tag detail...


You already know I recycled the cardboard, but here are some other repurposed items I've used from my stash - lace,  an old button, and vintage thread


A few more details with the Filmstrip ribbon and wings, and she is ready to fly!


I hope you've enjoyed my recycled tag, and are inspired to create your own recycled make. Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher to one participant drawn at random. Also, each week three of us on the design team choose our favorites, so come have some fun with us!




A great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


How is the design team approaching recycling this week, you say? Head on over to see their creative ideas!


 

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous recycling Maura! I love the corrugated texture and the torn edges! and of course the pretty girl and all of the details are gorgeous! Very Well Done! :-)

    Hope you have a great week!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest