Monday, September 27

Simon Says: Touchy Feely




Hello Monday my friends! Welcome back to this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - TOUCHY FEELY. It's all about the texture this week!

This is Susanne's last week with us as our amazingly talented guest designer. It's been great having you with us Susanne, and I look forward to more of your creative makes!

My husband and I recently went to see the American Watercolor Show in the Adirondacks. We have enjoyed doing this off and on for many years, and take the long way through the mountains to check on the fall color too. I was inspired by a painting  in the show of pumpkin orange fungi, to create my art journal page

FALL FUNGI


I started the tag off with some  ink smooshing and then lifted up water droplets. I blended in a bit more of the yellow.


Meanwhile, I used the leaves stencil with texture paste and set that aside to dry. 


Once dry, I blended distress oxides over the page.


Then, I spritzed on some Holly Branch Mica Stain, let that dry and spritzed with water. I used a paper towel to blot the page and lift the ink.


I smudged a bit of ink on the facing page, and stamped with Simon's Old Letter stamp (BTW, this is a favorite of mine!) and a few toadstools. I added washi tape, hand dyed ribbon, and some faux vintage papers. I was trying to make this look like a naturalist's journal with notes tucked in. 


 The tag has two layers of Vintage Beeswax to give it a faux encaustic look. 


....a little specimen tag


...the notes tucked in behind the image


...textures from the texture paste and layers of color



Bright orange fungi on a fall inspired background...


Now it's your turn to create with texture and share with us! We love to pick out our favorites and spotlight them, and our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher to one of you.



A great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


The design team has some amazing textured makes to share with you!

 



2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Maura! Such a great image and I love that you used beeswax. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend! I see we both went for a nature scene this week. hugs!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest