Monday, December 13

Cold As Ice




Hello Monday my friends! Welcome back to our newest challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - COLD AS ICE. Brrr, it's getting cold where I live, how about for you? I've made some icy tags to put on special gifts this season. 

These remind me of a childhood memory. There were woods around our home, and in the winter, we would take our ice skates out to the ponds and go ice skating all day long. Sometimes we would play hockey with sticks and pine cones. Then, off to home to warm up and if we were lucky, a cup of hot cocoa.

SKATING ELVES


I used the Tim Holtz Thin Ice dies for my tags. Here I am gluing my pieces together. I have learned this about myself, I am not patient with lots of fiddly bits, so I gave up on the pieces that add snow to the trees, and went with a different idea...I added Shaved Ice instead. 
Note - I used the Simon Says Craft Glue stick which I forgot to add to the supply list.


I used Distress ground espresso to edge the kraft tag and for the snowflake stenciling. Next, I glued on the trees, and popped up the elf. Final step was the icy layer.


I added a little Santa Claus tag. (stash stamp) Then, final step was to add some hand dyed ribbon to the tag.


Why not make a special set of tags for your gifts? 
Happy Holidays!


Now it's your turn! Come join the icy fun this week. Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher, and we love to spotlight our favorites.



A great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


The design team has some gorgeous icy inspiration for you, so be sure to check it out!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest