Monday, January 31

Simon Says: Use an Embossing Folder




Hello Monday my friends! Welcome back to this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - USE AN EMBOSSING FOLDER. 

It has been wonderful having Estelle Palumbo with us for our January Guest Designer. I just love her creativity! We will miss you, and I am looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful makes.

Somehow every year around this time, in the midst of the snow and cold, I start to dream about spring. So, I chose to make a spring tag with bright colors and a butterfly. My son and I have been going through the seed catalogs and ordering for the spring planting. This year, we've ordered several items just for pollinators like butterflies, even milkweed. So go ahead...fly and inspire!

I started with a bit of ink smooshing with a green and blue.


I wiped a bit of Blush over the embossed butterfly for a very subtle effect. (I had the butterfly already embossed in my stash - I like to do a few while I have everything out.)


Next, I ran the watercolor paper through Simon's Kaleidoscope embossing folder.


I trimmed off the edges and blended Blush around the edges. Wow, some beautiful colors emerged! I also splattered some gold gouache over the tag.


Final details - velvet trim, a pen nib for the butterfly, some big chat words, and a mini flair to round it out.


Embossing details...



Finding the right words...


My embossed tag has me thinking of spring (even though it is months away).


Now it's your turn to use an embossing folder and join the fun this week. Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher to one of you drawn at random. 

 


A great place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Head on over to see how the design team is using embossing folders this week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest