Monday, October 3

Stitch It

 


 Hello Monday my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Emboss It Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

We are showcasing the awesome designs of AALL and Create this week. If you have them, we would love to see them!

Please join me in welcoming our guest designer for October Lori E. Kennedy ! Welcome Lori!!

This week the challenge is: STITCH IT!

Even though I have two sewing machines, yes two...I still reach for my slow stitching materials first. Maybe I am just too lazy to lug out a machine, find a place to set it up to work, and do some paper stitching. I think I only pull it out if I have an extensive sewing project to do. That said, I really enjoy the meditative mood slow stitching puts me in. No matter the method - sewing machine, slow stitching, faux stitching, come have some fun with us this week! 

JAVA STITCHING


I began with a #10 media tag (Dina Wakely) and smooshed on some ink in orange and yellow. I'm thinking fall now, as the leaves are really changing here now.


Then, I smooshed ground espresso over the base colors, spritzed it with water, and lifted a few areas. 


Next step - stencil some X's with the Lotza Crossez stencil from AALL and Create and ground espresso ink.  Edge the tag too. Let dry completely.


Now, let the stitching begin! I used a yellow thread for the smaller x's and just sewed right through the tag. I tried to keep it somewhat random and not do every one.


For the larger X's, I used a blue thread, and again stitched in a random fashion. 


I love the extra pizzaz stitching gives to the tag. (I could just leave it here.)


But, onward and upward! I stamped these awesome coffee images from AALL and Create's Hot Drinks set, onto watercolor paper. Once the archival ink was completely dry, I colored the images with the new Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Pencils. Then, it is easy peasy to use a water brush on the colored areas and turn it into watercolor - like magic! I fussy cut the images after they were dry.


I added a bit more stitching with the stitched scrap that I stamped the word "coffee'" onto. 


I tucked a thermometer gauge behind the old enamel coffee pot, and added a stitched bit from Tim Holtz at the bottom.


I wanted to add more dimension to the coffee pot, so stamped and colored a second one to pop on top.


You know how you think you are done, and then another idea pops up? That happened to me when I decided a washi tape frame would be fun around the tag to finish it off. So here you have my coffee themed tag with slow stitching and stitched scraps from Tim Holtz. I hope I've inspired you to make your own stitched creation and join us this week.



As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

AALL and Create *643 Hot Drinks stamp set

AALL and Create #142 Lotza Crossez stencil

Tim Holz Distress Watercolor Pencils

Tim Holtz Idea-ology Gauge Dials

Tim Holtz Idea-ology Stitched Scraps

Embroidery Floss

Needle

Dina Wakley Media Assorted Tags

Canson Watercolor paper

Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat

Simon Says Stamp Black Dye ink

Tim Holtz Distress Ground Espresso ink

Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks - Abandoned Coral and Wild Honey

Ranger Mini Blender tool

Ranger Mister Bottle

TIm Holtz Scissors

Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher

Simon Says Stamp Foam Tape

Prima Marketing Water Brush

Washi Tape

Mini Alphabet Stamp set


So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest