Monday, January 16

Fun on the Farm

 


 Hello Monday my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Shake It Up Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

This week the challenge is: 4 Legged Animals 

I've headed to the farm this week looking for some 4 legged friends...cows, horses, pigs, sheep and dogs to name a few. One of the most memorable family vacations when I was a girl was a week we spent on a farm. I remember exploring the barns, petting the animals, "driving" a tractor, and even finding an old school bus to play in. The farm family made us feel right at home!

FUN ON THE FARM!


I began by stamping several of Tim Holtz'x Funny Farm animals on a tag, then coloring them with his watercolor pencils.


I glued the tag on one page in my art journal.


Next, I dabbed in black to cover the words and a bit more, then added some red paint.


Once the paint dried, I added in bits of the Fun on the Farm papers by Echo Park.


Blended in some more paint colors...


Then, blended in more layers of color, wiping back a few times to try to leave some of the papers showing. I smudged white on tope and blended again, then added a couple of layers of stenciling with black and yellow. I added the tag, and a few more words and numbers. Then, I used Scribble Sticks to go around my main images.


Lots of details.....







Here's to some fun memories on the farm!



 

As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 

Supplies:

Tim Holtz Funny Farm stamp set

Tim Holtz Field Notes stamp set

Tim Holtz Watercolor pencils

Dylusions Creative Journal 8x8

Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks

Dina Wakley Acrylic paints - White, Black, Lemon, Turquoise, Ruby

Dina Wakley Media Tags

Simon Says Stamp In the Round stencil

Simon Says Stamp  Medium Dots stencil

Echo Park Fun on the Farm Paper Pad 6x6

Simon Says Stamp Black Dye ink

Simon Says Stamp Fine Detail Scissors

Bearly Precision Art Glue

Water brush

Heat It tool

Dina Wakley paint brushes



So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest