Thursday, February 16

Simon Says: Be Creative!


Simon Says Stamp has a new release today! It's called BE CREATIVE, so I had some fun using one stamp  Bunch of Balloons background, three ways.



I used different methods on each background to create a unique look. All are stamped on watercolor paper.


Abstract Birthday card

I think this one is my favorite! I love the soft, abstract look that reminds me a bit of stained glass.

To achieve this look, I colored the stamp with Dina Wakley Scribble sticks. You could also use Distress Crayons, Water soluble Pastels or Gelatos to get this effect. After you scribble onto the stamp, spritz it with water and stamp. Use a heat tool and dry. Repeat again as many times as you like until you like it. I used a mix of blues and purples on mine. The happy birthday die is from Simon Says Stamp.


Bright Celebration card


To create this background, I made a watercolor blend of orange, yellow and pink. Once dry, I stamped the balloons with Mocha Pawsitively Saturated ink. Then, I splattered it with a few drops of dish soap in water with an old toothbrush. Leave it on a short time, then blot it with a paper towel and dry. The Celebration die is from Simon Says Stamp.


Balloon Birthday 


My final card is stamped in Simon's Black dye ink. Once dry, I scribbled onto the stamp with green and blue Scribble Sticks, then misted it with water and stamped. Repeat again until you have the effect you like.


Bunch Of Balloons Cards


I hope you've enjoyed my ideas for using one stamp to get three different effects. Check out all the new release, and then BE CREATIVE! Maura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest