Monday, May 22

Under the Sea Watercolor

 


 Hello Monday my friends! And welcome to anor week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Art Journal  Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

Big shout out to the gorgeous creations by Cassie Lynch this month!

This week the challenge is: Watercolor

I've created an underwater scene with fish, a sea turtle and a mermaid's tail for an art  book I am putting together with a tropical theme. 


I started with the background across the watercolor paper, keeping my blues, greens and magentas on an angle. Then, I painted my sea creatures with a brush and when dry, I sketched a bit with black pen around them. These creatures might only exist in my imagination!


My little funky clown fish...


My mermaid's tail - I worked on blending different colors, and then adding sketchy scales. 


My little sea turtle - I just look for design in the dried watercolor to sketch in a design. 


Happily swimming in the sea...and a bit of beauty washi tape.


Final step was to hand letter this quote about the sea. 


A brightly colored ocean and a fun selection of sea life. I enjoyed trying my hand at making my own creatures, which is why they may not resemble any real ones, LOL!  I do love the freedom of working in watercolor, blending colors and seeing what emerges. I hope you have as much fun with your watercolor creation!




As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Simon Says Stamp Fine Detail Scissors 

Simon Says Stamp Glue Stick

Daniel Smith Watercolors - Quinacridone Pink, Green Apatite Genuine, Cascade Green,, Permanent Orange, Phthalo Turquoise, Quinacridone Coral , Yellow Lightht

Canson Watercolor paper

m Quinacridone CoralNeenah Solar White

Watercolor Brushes

Sharpie Fine Black pen



So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest