Monday, January 29

Have A Heart


 


 Hello Monday, my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  RECYCLE  Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

It's been a treat having Rox of RedDirtCrafters with us for these two months! She has shared some amazing makes with us, and I am looking forward to more. 

This week the challenge is: HAVE A HEART

Valentine's Day isn't far away, so now is a good time to make your valentines or focus on love. I've created a page for my art journal with these adorable card guards and some crazy pups.

Let's all LIVE WITH A LOVING HEART! 

Start off with some stamping on watercolor paper. 

While the ink dries, I worked on my background. I began by scraping gesso onto a page with a palette knife, leaving it somewhat thick so it would have a lot of texture. Let the gesso dry completely, then blend watercolors across the page.  The gesso will act as a resist, giving you some lovely textures.  

Color the images with Tombow Markers, and blend with a waterbrush.  


Fussy cut the pups. I don't see well and lopped off one pup's ear. Since I wanted to pop the dogs on the page, I came up with the idea of glueing the ear and head on more paper, then cutting again. Seems like a good solution.  

I edged my sheet of guards with black ink and glued it onto the background. 

Next, I popped the dogs up, one by each guard. Well, don't you think they each need one? 

details... 


 


 


LIVE WITH A LOVING HEART 





As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Stamping Bella Tiny Townie Wonderland Playing Card Guard

Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Mini Crazy Cats and Dogs

Daniel Smith Watercolors - Quinacridone Coral, Iridescent Gold, Quinacridone Violet

Watercolor brush

Strathmore watercolor paper

Tim Holtz Paper Trimmer

Tim Holtz Big Chat Stickers

Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink

Simon Says Stamp Fine Detail Scissors

Waterbrush

Tombow Markers 

White Gesso

Palette Knife

Heat It tool

Simon Says Stamp Foam Squares

3M Adhesive Tape Glider 



So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


2 comments:

  1. I love your project! Those playing cards are so adorable, and the dogs certainly add to the fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest